There are a few key options for customizing your Sales Forms in QuickBooks Online. Your small business can track a customer from “Estimate” to “Invoice” to “Payment” to “Deposit”. QuickBooks Online allows you to customize your customer “Invoices”, “Sales Receipts” and “Estimates” by adding your Company Logo and choosing the look and feel you want to present to your customers with each sales form you send to them.
If you will be creating multiple partial invoices from a single estimate, you will need to go-to “Account and Settings”, “Sales” and “Progress Invoicing” to turn-on this feature. It is very important to create “Invoices” or “Sales Receipts” for your customer sales transactions. Do not just post customer deposits to income accounts from within your bank feed. If you do not create sales forms, you will not be able to produce sales reports in your QuickBooks Online account.
Deposits added directly to income accounts through the bank feed will not show up in the “Sales” module, regardless of whether you assign a customer to the deposit. The reason for this is because there was no actual “Sale” recorded for this customer. This also means that it will not show up in your customer sales reports.
There Different Ways to “Directly” Modify Your Customer Sales Forms in QuickBooks Online
- Terms – Select the payment terms you want to offer to your customers
- Shipping – You can add fields for shipping addresses and dates
- Custom Fields – You can add custom fields to your forms
- Service Dates – Service dates per line item that differ from the invoice date
- Custom Transaction Number – When you use your own invoice numbering system
- Discounts – Gives you the option to apply discounts to a customer’s invoice
- Deposits – To give you the option to accept a deposit for work to be performed
- Message – A message to your customer can be added to all sales forms
There are More Ways to Modify Your Customer Sales Forms within Products and Services
- Show Item Number – You can choose to show or hide your internal item numbers
- Quantity and Price/Rate – You can turn-on the quantity and price/rate columns
- Track Quantity on Hand – You can turn-on inventory tracking to track stock levels
Accounting and Bookkeeping Support by a QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program Member
I founded Lend A Hand Accounting because I believe accounting and bookkeeping services should be affordable, efficient, and flexible. We use flat fee pricing, which makes our accounting services a comfortable fit for any budget. At Lend A Hand Accounting, we’ve found a formula that really works! You select the accounting services you need, and control when you want to start or stop services. It is all in your hands! We’ve cut out the need for endless phone calls and long trips to the accountant’s office.
Feel free to call or text me now at 360-637-4799. We can also get started right away. Go ahead and create a free account and we can automatically look at your books and let you know where you stand.
We really appreciate your business and look forward to serving all of your accounting and bookkeeping needs. Thanks again!
The Content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.